Wednesday 6 December 2017

UNTITLED POEMS

****** TRENDS *********
Like vapour, it comes and goes
forgotten like the pain of penile circumcision
more perishable than tomatoes
and short lived like a newspaper.

Untitled
I am the saint of Sodom
Stained by the righteousness of men
Steeped in the pool of sin
I am the naked crier
Waddling through a wardrobe of lies
Asking men to cover their shame
I am the hungry belly
Constipated with groaning utensils
Desiring a meal of your egos and pride


I jumped off from a corner of the earth
But my shadow caught me before I landed
He feared I would abandon him
To regale the world with my escapades
Stanzas scribbled before the sun
And verses uttered beneath the moon
He dragged me to narrate my story
To all, that I may bask in glory



Teach me to look down
When my head roofs the clouds 
That I may see that my feet
Hasn't left the earth, where it sprung

No comments:

Post a Comment