Tuesday 21 April 2015

SUSANNA

                                                             ******* SUSANNA *******
Dear Susanna,
Here is the man in this man that the woman in your woman has made, seeking for the woman in the woman that the man in this man has made?
Like a mason, you built up my faith with your loving words, but my impatience tore your hopes apart like a frayed rag.
When my soul was famished, the soft touch of your bossomy embrace was my appetiser, even as the dovey gaze in your eyes fed me full, and your kisses upon my teary cheeks was the dessert that my heart hungrily craved.
When my tattered sandals shamed the man in me, you took off your shoes, to make my feet seem more fortunate as you walked barefoot beside me upon the flaming sands of Takwa Bay.
You assured me of being by my side for a lifetime, but my doubts stabbed your affections and my confidence bled out like the wounds of a dying warrior.
I ran away from you, Susanna. Like a gypsy, I travelled far and left no trace.
You were too beautiful to suffer...too beautiful to eat from my wooden plate of impoverished fate.
I ran away, that you may be free of me....so that a worthy prince may cart you away.
But my dear Susanna, your words were true. I rode through storms and hit gold. Your prayers were answered, the winds of the earth brought me fortunes.
And now, they swarm around me. They say plastic words through crimson lips. They drool over my snakeskin shoes that cover the ugly toes that you so caressed with gentle care.
But I want none of their smoky lust..all I want is you, Susanna.
Susanna, my first, my true, my only, my love...where art thou?
Today, I shall leave all my wealth behind and let the sea break her fast with my shoes.
I shall walk upon the flaming sands of Takwa Bay.
I shall scream your name into the ears of the boisterous waves and they shall echo my anguished cry in search of you, my love.
I shall walk, and walk, and walk and never return until I find you my dear Susanna.
I shall walk...and walk...and walk....and wal...and wa....and w.....
KUNLE OMOPE
Photo from pixshark.com

1 comment:

  1. Wowwww! This is amazing! Glad I am someone's Susanna.LOL

    ReplyDelete