Tuesday 1 December 2015

A LETTER TO MR POTENTIAL


Dear 'Friend',
I do not know if I have been a true friend, because for sometime now I have been that hammer with a mouthpiece that has relentlessly delivered blows of discouragement upon the frayed tissues of your quivering heart.
I am the one that stared at your at reflection in the mirror of tenacity and spat bile on your face as you tried to face every facet of the phases that faced your face.
Forgive me if you choose, for applying the safety catch when your muscle steadied the muzzle and the bulls eye was scribbling its Will.
I told you the beautiful was not good and screamed that the good was not beautiful, leaving you single, lonely and miserable.
I am that manacle of doubt around your anxious ankles- nailing down...holding back...restraining your feet teetering at the sea of bliss.
It is I that advised you to grasp at her shadow as the substance of Lady Fortune sauntered by.
I was the clamp that shut your lips from glorious oratory and drew from your unwilling tongue the spittle of unsolicited inanity.
I plead guilty to announcing your youth at the dimming dusk and made your grey prance at infantile dawn.
I am the enemy that welcomed you to early bedtime and left you lying listless at the vibrancy of sunrise.
I punched you in the nose and forbade you to bleed.
.....But if you would keep your passion ablaze, then I'd be as powerful as dew upon a rock basking in the tropical sun.
You must kill me, that you may live!
Yours Unfaithfully,

SELF.

KUNLE OMOPE

pic credit- merrillk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment