Wednesday 7 January 2015

ADUNNI'S MAMA (POEM)

                                                 ********ADUNNI'S MAMA******

Adunni,
The slowly sashaying scent
From your savannah of black flax
As you playfully pitter patter
Upon the path of my lonely dream
Drowns my heart in longing brooks
Turning my eyes into waterfalls.

Adunni,
Where doth mama's feet be?
In the quicksand of my past?
Lost in a crowd of today's stilletos?
Perhaps on the sun-baked plains,
Of tomorrow's undulating hills?

Adunni,
I borrow eagle eyes in eager search,
And mantis arms in humble prayer
That Mama be swifter than a swift
To drink from my bursting udders
Overflowing with the milk of love.

Adunni,
Birds have sung a beckoning song
To serenade Mama's feet home.
A score toes shall dance at night
And the door of old dreams shall open
To welcome Adunni home.

Written by,
KUNLE OMOPE

Photo from google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment