Wednesday 7 January 2015

THE UNSPOKEN PLEA (POEM)

**** THE UNSPOKEN PLEA *****

Master, make me maul this monster!

Blood of disgrace drips,
Matting my fur of steel.
A clandestine leash about my neck,
Bruising my zealous flesh.
Am drunk with a sealed bottle of wrath.

Master, make me maul this monster!

Like a scarlet yarn,
History spins a tale,
Of when i was your neighbour's guest,
And his monster dared me to test,
My clawed paws mauled their best.

Master, make me maul this monster!

My nose bleeds, my tongue burns,
From cowardly pelts of hate.
And my fang medalled khaki,
Is broken in shreds of shame,
By the slingshots of a rabid breed.

Master, make me maul this monster!

Monsters eat blood and get bolder,
My wounds sore, my morale colder.
Your leash strangles the warrior in me,
Free my spirit, let this victor be.

Master, make me maul this monster.

KUNLE OMOPE.
Photo from google.com

*Inspired by the views of a security expert, Rtd Capt Umar 'Blade' Aliyu, when he was a guest on Sunrise, a Channels Television breakfast show, on the 18-02-2014. He is of the opinion that, were the Nigerian Military allowed to operate unrestrained(without a leash) but within the rules of guerilla warfare, then, the Boko haram insurgency would have been history. According to him, compared to the Liberian Civil War in which the Nigerian Army performed well, the Boko Haram insurgency is a 'picnic'.

No comments:

Post a Comment