Wednesday 7 January 2015

IN LOVE WITH MY KILLER (POEM)

*** IN LOVE WITH MY KILLER ***

Am holed up here,
torn from you,
like a beauty spot
you are torn from me

I bleed tears,
and burning threads
of crimson hue
run hither thither
north and south
of the seeing spheres
crested between windows
that lead down my soul

I breathe in damp winds
and sigh sluggish streams.
One score one dozen buccal pebbles
clap and dance to the melody
of the harmattan
birthing within my veins.

O Sweetheart, Love of my life,
when we make love,
you beat me blind,
and your icy fingers
choke me breathless,
yet I forgive and forget
then race helplessly in love
into your smoky embrace.

My family helps me hate you,
you help me hate my blood.
So they chained and caged me,
walled me within white walls,
bringing down a gavel of care
to smash our romance of death.

I shake, shiver and shout,
mama weeps wet weakened farewells.
"bring my love to me!" I scream.
"take me to my love" I plead.
I recite our nuptial vows
for all ears of eyes that read this,

"what Mr Junkieyard
hath joined together,
let not Madam Rehab
put asunder".

Written by: KUNLE OMOPE.
Photo from google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment